Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Year of Thanks - Jan. 1

I am thankful for slow news days.

The 6:00 news today was filled with person-on-the-street interviews of people's thoughts on the rain we're having. Mind you, there is nothing special about this rain. It's not pouring. There's no flooding. No roads or services are shut down because of it. It's just a slow, constant drizzle sort of day.

At first I found it rather laughable that they spent so much time on this nonevent, clearly lacking other news stories for the day. But then I found myself quite thankful that this was the case. After the wretched weeks of coverage of the tragic Sandy Hooks elementary school shootings before Christmas, I was immensely thankful that there were no more "exciting" happenings to be reported on in the new year than weather that could be at best described as unpleasant.

May 2013 be filled with more slow news days for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment