Monday, January 7, 2013

A Year of Thanks - Jan. 6

I'm thankful for lazy days.

I didn't feel particularly well today. I wasn't really sick, but neither was I at my best. Although there were things that needed to be done, I lacked the energy or motivation to do any of them. And so I didn't. I didn't do my laundry. I didn't run any errands. I didn't work on cleaning out the basement. I didn't even change out of my pajamas. All of those things needed to be done, but instead I let the day slip by without ever even opening my front door. And I'm thankful for that. I know that may make me seem lazy. But at the heart of it, what I'm truly thankful for is the fact that in my life, I'm allowed to get away with such a lazy Sunday. My basic needs of food, clothing, shelter, are more than fulfilled, such that there was no need for me to go out and work for any of them that day. Although there were plenty of things I could [should] have been working on, I didn't HAVE to do anything just to ensure my continued safety/comfort/health. And for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment