Monday, January 7, 2013

A Year of Thanks - Jan. 7

I am thankful for small group study.

One day a week, I meet with my associate pastor to help lead a small group of high school girls in a morning bible study. Although it's certainly difficult dragging myself out of bed two hours earlier than I normally would and fighting traffic to make it to our sessions, I am thankful for the opportunity to see the stories of the bible through the eyes of these young ladies. Although in many ways I am reminded of why I never really related to girls my own age when I was in school, it is a terrific learning opportunity for me to study the word of God with these young women. I have learned some surprising things about myself in the process as well. I pray God blesses each of them, and that I may in some small way serve them through our study.

No comments:

Post a Comment