Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Year of Thanks - Jan. 4

I'm thankful for pedicures. I realize how shallow that probably seems, but I am. More specifically, I'm thankful for the opportunity to share in an activity with a friend that allows us the chance to catch up with each other while being pampered and spoiling ourselves a little bit. There are so many valid reasons for not indulging in such a treat, it can actually be hard to get one without feeling guilty about it. But that sort of self-indulgence is needed from time to time, I believe. Allowing ourselves to be taken care of or treated every now and then refreshes the spirit, and renews us for taking care of others. Having a friend call up and suggest it was just the excuse I needed this time to do something for myself without feeling entirely lazy/selfish about it, and made all the difference in my day; for that, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment